Friday, November 11, 2011

Being the Bojo Nanny: Week 1

So this week was far from uneventful. Unfortunately, we have been having to deal with Claire having stomach issues. My poor sister has had to deal with more poop and throw up (sorry to be graphic) in the last two weeks than I ever hope to deal with in a lifetime. But seriously, it has been really scary. The poor kid has had this stomach bug for over two weeks, and we are really hoping it will be resolved soon. She has already lost weight, and if she loses anymore, she will have to be hospitalized.

On to a more hilarious note, there was a moment when I thought Tucker was going to die. And I would be the one responsible......But don't worry folks, this story has a happy ending. Jenny homeschools MK, and because Tucker is "The Destroyer," it is very difficult for Jenny to school while Tuck pulls books off the shelves, knocks over toys, shreds paper etc. So I volunteered to take Tucker on a walk with me during school times to get him out of the house. It works out well because Tuck loves it, I get a seriously kick-butt work-out, and Jenny gets to school MK free of Tucker mishaps. Win-win.

Well, me and Tuck suite up for our walk and go outside into the garage. Normally, I push him in the jogging stroller, but today I thought, "I am gonna be super aunt and push him in his car." This "car" that I am talking about is a small plastic convertible big enough for a toddler that has a tall handle that sticks up out of the back of it, making it easy for an adult to push. So I place Tucker in his beloved car, buckle him (Praise the LORD!), and we set off on our walk.

Now, it is important to note that Jenny and Brian live in the hilliest neighborhood. These hills are ginormously HUGE. I hoofed it through our walk and was feeling ready to die from exhaustion. We started to head down the GIANT hill on the way back to the house when the worst happened. The handle that connected my hand to Tucker's car completely popped off. It took me a second to register what I held in my hand, but once I did, I lunged after the now- rolling- too- fast- down- the- hill car and missed by a inch. I gazed in horror as Tucker's car gained speed down the hill. I ran after him, but knew there was no way I was going to reach him in time. I screamed out to the only one I knew could help me. "Lord, help!" I screamed. As soon as I yelled out, Tucker's car flew up into a driveway, hit some bushes, then flipped over the curb. Poor thing didn't know what hit him. You should have seen the look on his face. He looked at me with tears running down his cheeks like, "what the heck just happened to me?!" Fortunately, he was totally fine and just a minute after me picking him up and comforting him, said his favorite word, "car?" "Yes, buddy, you just went on the ride of a lifetime in your car." Good things kids his age forget things really fast :)

No comments: